Fourth man charged in connection with death of Chigwell dad Shammi Atwal
- Credit: Archant
A fourth man has been charged in connection with the death of a father-of-two from Chigwell who was killed after chasing a gang of armed robbers from his shop.
Reiniks Kivers, 27, of no fixed abode, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Monday, December 2, charged with the manslaughter of businessman Shammi Atwal and robbery of Glen & Co Cash & Carry.
Mr Atwal, 45, died after being hit by a lorry, while pursuing a group of men from his shop in River Road, Barking, on October 14.
The lorry driver stopped at the scene and was not arrested.
Lithuanian nationals Aurimas Diliunas, 27, of Rosslyn Road, Barking, and Vidmantas Gonskoves, 26, of Grange Road, Plaistow, appeared at the Old Bailey in October charged with manslaughter and robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Farhan Sheikh, 38, Thornhill Gardens, Barking, also appeared in court last month charged with conspiracy to rob.
The three men remain remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday, January 20, to enter pleas.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
A 25-year-old man has been bailed pending further enquiries to a date in December.