Four car pile-up in Chigwell Road leaves six people in hospital
A man had to be cut out of a car after four vehicles crashed on Chigwell Road on Monday.
Two cars initially collided before a further two glanced off the first crash, which happened in between Broadmead Road and Snakes Lane East.
Ambulance crews assessed five other people at the scene. All five were later taken to hospital.
The site was cordoned off by the local traffic constabulary.
A 22-year-old man was treated for head and leg injuries and was taken as a priority to Royal London Hospital, in Whitechapel Road.
You may also want to watch:
A woman in her 60s was treated for a head injury and also went to the Royal London Hospital.
A 23-year-old man was also taken to Royal London Hospital with neck and facial injuries.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
Two other women were taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, in Whipps Cross Road - a 24-year-old woman suffering from back and shoulder pain and a 56-year-old woman with a back injury.
Five ambulance crews attended the scene.
Did you see what happened? Call Harry Kemble on 020 8477 3825 or e-mail email@example.com.