Four car pile-up in Chigwell Road leaves six people in hospital
A man had to be cut out of a car after four vehicles crashed on Chigwell Road on Monday.
Two cars initially collided before a further two glanced off the first crash, which happened in between Broadmead Road and Snakes Lane East.
Ambulance crews assessed five other people at the scene. All five were later taken to hospital.
The site was cordoned off by the local traffic constabulary.
A 22-year-old man was treated for head and leg injuries and was taken as a priority to Royal London Hospital, in Whitechapel Road.
You may also want to watch:
A woman in her 60s was treated for a head injury and also went to the Royal London Hospital.
A 23-year-old man was also taken to Royal London Hospital with neck and facial injuries.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
Two other women were taken to Whipps Cross Hospital, in Whipps Cross Road - a 24-year-old woman suffering from back and shoulder pain and a 56-year-old woman with a back injury.
Five ambulance crews attended the scene.
Did you see what happened? Call Harry Kemble on 020 8477 3825 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.