Former Young Citizen winner rapper Rychus Ryter releases his debut album
- Credit: Archant
A rapper dedicated to changing the lives of local youths released his debut album on Friday.
Rychus Ryter, otherwise known as Jonathan Kabamba, of Chadwell Heath, has spent the past 12 months working on tracks for The Crossover - which is now available to download on iTunes.
The 23-year-old can be regularly seen delivering motivational speeches at colleges, attempting to tempt troubled teens back on to the right path.
His message can be heard loud and clear in his new release, which features songs such as Stand Up, Change The World and Like One Of Them.
In January last year Kabamba released a song paying tribute to Seven Kings student, Louis Mafienga, who died in his sleep.
You may also want to watch:
He is a previous winner of the Recorder’s monthly Young Citizen award for all his work encouraging and inspiring young people.
Coming from what he previously described as a “rough” background, the rapper pulled through a turbulent youth that saw him involved with gangs and performing poorly at school.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
Kabamba has been spreading his message of “change” since 2009, and has been a regular fixture at local hospitals, including King George Hospital, Barley Lane, Goodmayes, to speak with patients and even hand out presents to young children.
To keep up-to-date with Rychus Ryter’s latest releases and upcoming events, visit facebook.com/rychus.ryter.