Former Woodford Green teacher in court accused of grooming teenager
- Credit: Archant
A former private school teacher appeared in court via video link today after he was accused of grooming a teenage girl.
John Wunderle, who previously worked as a maths teacher at Bancroft’s School in Woodford Green, appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court via video for a preliminary hearing.
No pleas were entered and Wunderle’s case was listed for mention on Monday October 20, when he is expected to plead.
The 34-year-old, of Waltham Abbey, stands accused of two counts of engaging in non-penetrative sexual activity with a girl aged 13-15 years, between March 1 and May 19 this year.
He also stands accused of abusing a position trust by causing/inciting sexual activity with a girl aged 13-17 years, between March 1 and May 19 and between May 20 and May 29.
You may also want to watch:
Wunderle was remanded in custody.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals