Former EastEnders actress launches Big Toddle at Barkingside nursery
- Credit: Archant
An ex-EastEnders actress has helped launch the UK’s largest sponsored walk for toddlers, which hopes to raise much needed funds for a Barkingside-based children’s charity
Nina Wadia visited Peter Pan’s Day Nursery, Barnardo’s Village, Barkingside, last week to get the toddlers all set for taking part in the Big Toddle 2013 for Barnardo’s, to help the most disadvantaged under fives.
Children and adults are invited to dress up as their favourite characters and sing some classic nursery rhymes at their own organised toddles events.
Nina said: “I was delighted to meet the lovely children from Peter Pan’s nursery and help encourage others to organise their own Big Toddle for a great cause. The money raised helps fund Barnardo’s vital work to transform the lives of thousands of the UK’s most vulnerable children and helps give them the childhood they deserve.”
Nursery Manager, Claudine Pendle, added: “Nina was a delight with the children; she read them stories and helped them to practice their favourite nursery rhymes.”
You may also want to watch:
To organise your own Big Toddle, please visit www.bigtoddle.co.uk.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion