Former EastEnders actress launches Big Toddle at Barkingside nursery
- Credit: Archant
An ex-EastEnders actress has helped launch the UK’s largest sponsored walk for toddlers, which hopes to raise much needed funds for a Barkingside-based children’s charity
Nina Wadia visited Peter Pan’s Day Nursery, Barnardo’s Village, Barkingside, last week to get the toddlers all set for taking part in the Big Toddle 2013 for Barnardo’s, to help the most disadvantaged under fives.
Children and adults are invited to dress up as their favourite characters and sing some classic nursery rhymes at their own organised toddles events.
Nina said: “I was delighted to meet the lovely children from Peter Pan’s nursery and help encourage others to organise their own Big Toddle for a great cause. The money raised helps fund Barnardo’s vital work to transform the lives of thousands of the UK’s most vulnerable children and helps give them the childhood they deserve.”
Nursery Manager, Claudine Pendle, added: “Nina was a delight with the children; she read them stories and helped them to practice their favourite nursery rhymes.”
You may also want to watch:
To organise your own Big Toddle, please visit www.bigtoddle.co.uk.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station