Former Barkingside student Stacey Solomon braves TV jungle
FORMER King Solomon pupil Stacey Solomon is set to swap her usual heels for trainers as she braves the celebrity TV jungle.
The 21-year-old singer from Dagenham will join Olympic sprinter Linford Christie and former Bond girl Britt Ekland in Australia for ITV show I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!
The star visited her old school in Forest Road, Barkingside last December with pop singer Danni Minogue, after she made the final in TV talent show X Factor, and was greeted with a raptuous reception from present pupils.
Stacey looks set to have a tough time in the jungle after revealing her fears include bugs and closed spaces.
Other contestentants tipped to appear are former MP Lembit Opik, Happy Mondays frontman Shaun Ryder, Gail Porter and actor Nigel Havers.
You may also want to watch:
The show, presented by Ant and Dec, is now in its ninth year and is responsible for reviving many of its contestants’ careers.
Previous celebrities to take on the jungle challenge include Katie Price, Peter Andre, Kerry Katona and Jason Donovan.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
Did you go to school with Stacey? Email email@example.com.