Former Barkingside student Stacey Solomon braves TV jungle
FORMER King Solomon pupil Stacey Solomon is set to swap her usual heels for trainers as she braves the celebrity TV jungle.
The 21-year-old singer from Dagenham will join Olympic sprinter Linford Christie and former Bond girl Britt Ekland in Australia for ITV show I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!
The star visited her old school in Forest Road, Barkingside last December with pop singer Danni Minogue, after she made the final in TV talent show X Factor, and was greeted with a raptuous reception from present pupils.
Stacey looks set to have a tough time in the jungle after revealing her fears include bugs and closed spaces.
Other contestentants tipped to appear are former MP Lembit Opik, Happy Mondays frontman Shaun Ryder, Gail Porter and actor Nigel Havers.
The show, presented by Ant and Dec, is now in its ninth year and is responsible for reviving many of its contestants’ careers.
Previous celebrities to take on the jungle challenge include Katie Price, Peter Andre, Kerry Katona and Jason Donovan.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 3 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 4 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 7 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 8 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 9 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 10 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
Did you go to school with Stacey? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.