Former Barkingside student Stacey Solomon braves TV jungle
FORMER King Solomon pupil Stacey Solomon is set to swap her usual heels for trainers as she braves the celebrity TV jungle.
The 21-year-old singer from Dagenham will join Olympic sprinter Linford Christie and former Bond girl Britt Ekland in Australia for ITV show I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!
The star visited her old school in Forest Road, Barkingside last December with pop singer Danni Minogue, after she made the final in TV talent show X Factor, and was greeted with a raptuous reception from present pupils.
Stacey looks set to have a tough time in the jungle after revealing her fears include bugs and closed spaces.
Other contestentants tipped to appear are former MP Lembit Opik, Happy Mondays frontman Shaun Ryder, Gail Porter and actor Nigel Havers.
You may also want to watch:
The show, presented by Ant and Dec, is now in its ninth year and is responsible for reviving many of its contestants’ careers.
Previous celebrities to take on the jungle challenge include Katie Price, Peter Andre, Kerry Katona and Jason Donovan.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
Did you go to school with Stacey? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.