Former Barkingside student Stacey Solomon braves TV jungle
FORMER King Solomon pupil Stacey Solomon is set to swap her usual heels for trainers as she braves the celebrity TV jungle.
The 21-year-old singer from Dagenham will join Olympic sprinter Linford Christie and former Bond girl Britt Ekland in Australia for ITV show I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!
The star visited her old school in Forest Road, Barkingside last December with pop singer Danni Minogue, after she made the final in TV talent show X Factor, and was greeted with a raptuous reception from present pupils.
Stacey looks set to have a tough time in the jungle after revealing her fears include bugs and closed spaces.
Other contestentants tipped to appear are former MP Lembit Opik, Happy Mondays frontman Shaun Ryder, Gail Porter and actor Nigel Havers.
You may also want to watch:
The show, presented by Ant and Dec, is now in its ninth year and is responsible for reviving many of its contestants’ careers.
Previous celebrities to take on the jungle challenge include Katie Price, Peter Andre, Kerry Katona and Jason Donovan.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 7 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
Did you go to school with Stacey? Email email@example.com.