Footballer arrested over Faces nightclub assault in Gants Hill
A former Premiership footballer has been questioned by police investigating an alleged assault outside Faces nightclub, Gants Hill.
Jemal Johnson, 26, who now plays for Southend United Football Club, was arrested by Redbridge police officers yesterday and questioned about the attack on October 28, in Cranbrook Road.
He has been released on police bail, pending further inquiries.
A spokesman for Southend United FC said yesterday: “Following an incident outside a nightclub in Ilford, Southend United can confirm police have today questioned Jemal Johnson.
“Whilst a police investigation is ongoing it would be inappropriate to comment on specifics.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The football club will endeavour to assist police inquiries if requested to do so.”
American born Mr Johnson played for the Premier League side Blackburn Rovers from 2004 to 2006.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station