Footballer arrested over Faces nightclub assault in Gants Hill
A former Premiership footballer has been questioned by police investigating an alleged assault outside Faces nightclub, Gants Hill.
Jemal Johnson, 26, who now plays for Southend United Football Club, was arrested by Redbridge police officers yesterday and questioned about the attack on October 28, in Cranbrook Road.
He has been released on police bail, pending further inquiries.
A spokesman for Southend United FC said yesterday: “Following an incident outside a nightclub in Ilford, Southend United can confirm police have today questioned Jemal Johnson.
“Whilst a police investigation is ongoing it would be inappropriate to comment on specifics.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The football club will endeavour to assist police inquiries if requested to do so.”
American born Mr Johnson played for the Premier League side Blackburn Rovers from 2004 to 2006.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 8 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion