Football tournament to raise awareness of domestic violence in Redbridge
Men living in the borough are being urged to join a special football tournament to help raise awareness of domestic violence.
The five-a-side tournament will take place on November 24 at Fairlop Power League, Forest Road, Hainault.
It is being organised by London Tigers on behalf of the council to mark White Ribbon Day, which falls on November 25.
The campaign aims to ensure men take more responsibility for reducing the level of violence against women and encourages people to wear a white ribbon as a personal pledge never to commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women.
The tournament is free to enter and men over the age of 18 can apply, either as a team of eight to 10 or as an individual.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved email email@example.com or call 020 7289 3395. For more information on the campaign, visit www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman