Football tournament to raise awareness of domestic violence in Redbridge
Men living in the borough are being urged to join a special football tournament to help raise awareness of domestic violence.
The five-a-side tournament will take place on November 24 at Fairlop Power League, Forest Road, Hainault.
It is being organised by London Tigers on behalf of the council to mark White Ribbon Day, which falls on November 25.
The campaign aims to ensure men take more responsibility for reducing the level of violence against women and encourages people to wear a white ribbon as a personal pledge never to commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women.
The tournament is free to enter and men over the age of 18 can apply, either as a team of eight to 10 or as an individual.
You may also want to watch:
To get involved email email@example.com or call 020 7289 3395. For more information on the campaign, visit www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP