Football fun in Barkingside raises money for children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
Perfect passes, victorious volleys and heroic headers were all on display during a football tournament for a children’s charity.
More than £2,300 was raised for Barnardos during the tournament held on Saturday on the fields of Redbridge Sports and Leisure, Forest Road, Barkingside.
Children and adults took part in the tournament with more than 30 people taking to the pitch.
Pooja Maini, customer advisor at the Halifax, High Road, Ilford, who organised the tournament, said: “It’s the first time we’ve organised something on this scale. It was completely buzzing. All the people enjoying themselves, it was very very nice and everyone was very happy and enthusiastic.”
There were also a number of stalls at the tournament including face painting, henna and dance workshops.
You may also want to watch:
Nilesh Patel, of PJ Patel’s Newsagents, New North Road, Hainault, said: “It’s about supporting the local community. It was a nice day.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved