Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- Credit: Saleh Ahmed/@SalehAhmed_SA
Roads and train stations across east London have been closed after widespread flooding.
A video shared on social media shows cars driving through flood water near Gants Hill roundabout at around 4.50pm today (July 25).
The Blackwall Tunnel has been shut due to flooding.
The George Green Tunnel, on the A12 in Wanstead, has been closed eastbound due to flooding.
The A1400 is also shut at the junction of Woodford Avenue and Clayhall Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London (TfL) has said the Movers Lane underpass on the A13 in Barking is "restricted" due to the flooding.
There is no service on the Central line between Hainault and Woodford and severe delays between Leytonstone and Epping due to flooding.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
Trains also are not running on TfL Rail between Liverpool Street and Ilford because of flooding in Manor Park.
TfL has also confirmed that Gants Hill and Stepney Green Tube stations are shut due to flooding, as well as Pudding Mill Lane DLR station.