Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
Firefighters were called to a flat fire in Ilford this afternoon.
The London Fire Brigade was called at around 12.30pm to Eastern Avenue, with four fire engines and around 25 firefighters from Dagenham, Wennington, Woodford, and Barking fire stations attending the scene.
The fire was under control by 1.10pm.
A spokesperson for the London Fire Brigade said: “Part of a four-roomed flat on the first floor of a semi-detached property was damaged by fire.
“A woman and two children left the building before the brigade arrived and are being treated on scene after suffering from smoke inhalation.”
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman