Flames 25ft high in South Woodford kebab shop blaze
- Credit: Archant
Flames 25 ft high could be seen tearing through the outhouse of a kebab shop in South Woodford on Saturday night.
The charcoal store provided ample fuel for the blaze to destroy the wooden structure behind the Wood Oven in George Lane.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “It was going really well, we were there for a good few hours.
“Quite a lot of damage was caused to the wooden outhouse and the roof of the building.”
The restaurant is now open again following the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see anything? Call Harriet on 0208 477 3903 or send your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer