Five people evacuated after Ley Street, Ilford fire

Five people had to be evacuated from a flat above a shop in Ley Street, Ilford this afternoon after a fire broke out.

The fire was caused by burning incense sticks which were left unattended. Three men and two women were evacuated from the four bedroom flat.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 12.15pm and sent three fire engines.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter