Search

Five people evacuated after Ley Street, Ilford fire

PUBLISHED: 17:38 18 February 2013 | UPDATED: 17:38 18 February 2013

Five people had to be evacuated from a flat above a shop in Ley Street, Ilford this afternoon after a fire broke out.

The fire was caused by burning incense sticks which were left unattended. Three men and two women were evacuated from the four bedroom flat.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 12.15pm and sent three fire engines.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ilford Recorder