Five gang members to be sentenced for Thomas Cudjoe murder in Ilford today
- Credit: Archant
Five gang members who stabbed a man to death in a brutal attack at an Ilford petrol garage will be sentenced at the Old Bailey today.
Thomas Cudjoe, 29, was stabbed 10 times, slashed, punched and kicked as he sat in a car parked in the forecourt of the Shell petrol station, in Ley Street, last November.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Jerome Green, 24, of Ashgrove Road, Seven Kings, Reece Garwood, 21, of Overton Drive, Chadwell Heath, Courtney Mitchell, 23, of Clandon Road, Seven Kings and Asher Johnson, 25 and his brother Lewis, 22, both of Bellamy Close, Isle of Dogs, were found guilty of his murder in July.
The jury took a week to deliver the verdict after the five suspects were identified by witnesses on CCTV.
You may also want to watch:
Visit the Ilford Recorder website for the latest news on the sentencing due this morning.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Iain Duncan Smith reveals death threat as MPs pay tribute to 'unfailingly kind' colleague
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening