Five gang members to be sentenced for Thomas Cudjoe murder in Ilford today
- Credit: Archant
Five gang members who stabbed a man to death in a brutal attack at an Ilford petrol garage will be sentenced at the Old Bailey today.
Thomas Cudjoe, 29, was stabbed 10 times, slashed, punched and kicked as he sat in a car parked in the forecourt of the Shell petrol station, in Ley Street, last November.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Jerome Green, 24, of Ashgrove Road, Seven Kings, Reece Garwood, 21, of Overton Drive, Chadwell Heath, Courtney Mitchell, 23, of Clandon Road, Seven Kings and Asher Johnson, 25 and his brother Lewis, 22, both of Bellamy Close, Isle of Dogs, were found guilty of his murder in July.
The jury took a week to deliver the verdict after the five suspects were identified by witnesses on CCTV.
You may also want to watch:
Visit the Ilford Recorder website for the latest news on the sentencing due this morning.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit