Five evacuated after fire at Chinese takeaway in Belvedere
Five people were evacuated from a flat above a Chinese takeaway restaurant in the early hours of this morning after a fire broke out in the shop below.
Firefighters were called at about 1am to China Garden, Albert Road, Belvedere.
The people in the flat, who all work in the restaurant below, did not realise the building was on fire until they were woken by the two fire engines turning up.
Officers were about to break the door down when a woman in the flat realised what was going on and threw down the door keys.
The fire was extinguished in a matter of minutes and the residents were treated for smoke inhalation.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire in under investigation.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower