Five arrested and seven cars seized in Redbridge in crackdown on illegal drivers
Seven uninsured vehicles were seized by police officers on Thursday as part of Operation Cubo.
The operation, which ran from 7am-7pm, targeted vehicle offences such as driving with no licence or insurance.
Officers stopped a total of 484 cars during the 12 hour operation around the borough and arrested five people in roads such as Fencepiece Road, Hainault and Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill.
A speed camera was also used to check for motoring offences in Wangey Road, Chadwell Heath and High Street, Barkingside.
Acting Ch Insp Clive Darvill said, “Operation Cubo was a huge success.
You may also want to watch:
“The officers worked extremely hard and I would like to let the residents of Redbridge know that we will not tolerate such criminal activities happening in our borough.”
A total of 83 officers took part in the operation and issued five cannabis warnings, 18 fixed penalty notices and did 48 stop and searches.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 4 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath