Five arrested and seven cars seized in Redbridge in crackdown on illegal drivers
Seven uninsured vehicles were seized by police officers on Thursday as part of Operation Cubo.
The operation, which ran from 7am-7pm, targeted vehicle offences such as driving with no licence or insurance.
Officers stopped a total of 484 cars during the 12 hour operation around the borough and arrested five people in roads such as Fencepiece Road, Hainault and Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill.
A speed camera was also used to check for motoring offences in Wangey Road, Chadwell Heath and High Street, Barkingside.
Acting Ch Insp Clive Darvill said, “Operation Cubo was a huge success.
You may also want to watch:
“The officers worked extremely hard and I would like to let the residents of Redbridge know that we will not tolerate such criminal activities happening in our borough.”
A total of 83 officers took part in the operation and issued five cannabis warnings, 18 fixed penalty notices and did 48 stop and searches.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 9 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman