Five alleged killers of 18-year-old Luke Harwood appear at Old Bailey
The five alleged killers of 18-year-old Luke Harwood, whose body was found in Woodford Green, appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
Mr Harwood’s body was discovered near Broadmead Fields, Broadmead Road, on May 28.
The gang are said to have attacked Mr Harwood at a bungalow four of them shared in Crow Lane, Romford.
The court was told that the teenager was driven to a patch of land in Woodford Green where the “fatal assault continued and he was left for dead”.
James Danby, 26; Khalid Hassan, 19; Tony O’Toole, 29; and Emma Hall, 20, who shared the bungalow, and Jovan Roberts, 27, of no fixed address, have been charged with the 18-year-old’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
All five appeared for a brief hearing, during which they spoke only to confirm their names.
Judge John Bevan QC refused bail applications for Hassan and Hall.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 5 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
Danby, Hassan, O’Toole and Hall also face charges of perverting the course of justice, along with 20-year-old Billy Duggan.
All six will return to the court on September 6 for a plea and case management hearing.