Five alleged killers of 18-year-old Luke Harwood appear at Old Bailey
The five alleged killers of 18-year-old Luke Harwood, whose body was found in Woodford Green, appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
Mr Harwood’s body was discovered near Broadmead Fields, Broadmead Road, on May 28.
The gang are said to have attacked Mr Harwood at a bungalow four of them shared in Crow Lane, Romford.
The court was told that the teenager was driven to a patch of land in Woodford Green where the “fatal assault continued and he was left for dead”.
James Danby, 26; Khalid Hassan, 19; Tony O’Toole, 29; and Emma Hall, 20, who shared the bungalow, and Jovan Roberts, 27, of no fixed address, have been charged with the 18-year-old’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
All five appeared for a brief hearing, during which they spoke only to confirm their names.
Judge John Bevan QC refused bail applications for Hassan and Hall.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 9 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 10 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
Danby, Hassan, O’Toole and Hall also face charges of perverting the course of justice, along with 20-year-old Billy Duggan.
All six will return to the court on September 6 for a plea and case management hearing.