Five alleged killers of 18-year-old Luke Harwood appear at Old Bailey
The five alleged killers of 18-year-old Luke Harwood, whose body was found in Woodford Green, appeared at the Old Bailey yesterday.
Mr Harwood’s body was discovered near Broadmead Fields, Broadmead Road, on May 28.
The gang are said to have attacked Mr Harwood at a bungalow four of them shared in Crow Lane, Romford.
The court was told that the teenager was driven to a patch of land in Woodford Green where the “fatal assault continued and he was left for dead”.
James Danby, 26; Khalid Hassan, 19; Tony O’Toole, 29; and Emma Hall, 20, who shared the bungalow, and Jovan Roberts, 27, of no fixed address, have been charged with the 18-year-old’s murder.
You may also want to watch:
All five appeared for a brief hearing, during which they spoke only to confirm their names.
Judge John Bevan QC refused bail applications for Hassan and Hall.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge
Danby, Hassan, O’Toole and Hall also face charges of perverting the course of justice, along with 20-year-old Billy Duggan.
All six will return to the court on September 6 for a plea and case management hearing.