First Hainault Scout Group organises charity tea party for Lennox Children’s Cancer Fund
- Credit: Archant
Scouts from Hainault first group invited people to have some tea and a slice of cake on Saturday to raise money for charity.
Children aged between six and 18, from Beavers to Explorers Scouts, voted to organise the event at First Hainault Scout Group.
They raised just over £130 for the Lennox Children’s Cancer Fund, which is based in Romford.
The charity provides assistance to families of children with cancer and offers a range of support services.
The tea party was held at the group’s headquarters in David’s Way, Hainault.
You may also want to watch:
The scouts also took part in games such as guessing the name of the Teddy.
Dawn Marsh, from the Hainault first group fundraising team, said: “All the children had a great time.”
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 7 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week