First event Met Police experience day today at Bancroft’s School in Woodford Green
Guns, police dogs, horses and police will all attend the first ever Met Police experience day at a Woodford Green school today.
The free event is open to all members of the Met Police, their families and the general public.
There will be demonstrations by officers from Tactical Support Group, Mounted Branch, Dogs, Firearms, Traffic, Parks Police, the Safer Transport team and a fly over from helicopter India 99 at noon.
Redbridge cadets and the Special Constabulary will also be property marking phones. Bike marking will be by Redbridge Safer Transport.
Hot food and ice creams will be on sale with proceeds and collections being donated to the Help for Heroes charity.
You may also want to watch:
Police officer Kimberley Cowell, 25, said: “I most looking forward to raising money for Help for Heroes.
“I would recommend getting down early because the helicopter flyover will be popular.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
Met Police Experience day at Bancroft’s School, High Road, Woodford Green, from 11am-3pm.