First event Met Police experience day today at Bancroft’s School in Woodford Green
Guns, police dogs, horses and police will all attend the first ever Met Police experience day at a Woodford Green school today.
The free event is open to all members of the Met Police, their families and the general public.
There will be demonstrations by officers from Tactical Support Group, Mounted Branch, Dogs, Firearms, Traffic, Parks Police, the Safer Transport team and a fly over from helicopter India 99 at noon.
Redbridge cadets and the Special Constabulary will also be property marking phones. Bike marking will be by Redbridge Safer Transport.
Hot food and ice creams will be on sale with proceeds and collections being donated to the Help for Heroes charity.
You may also want to watch:
Police officer Kimberley Cowell, 25, said: “I most looking forward to raising money for Help for Heroes.
“I would recommend getting down early because the helicopter flyover will be popular.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
Met Police Experience day at Bancroft’s School, High Road, Woodford Green, from 11am-3pm.