Ilford firm helps doctor’s mental health awareness campaign reach fundraising target
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford property group has contributed £1,000 to a mental health awareness campaign to support the well-being of NHS staff who are putting their own lives at risk to serve the public during the pandemic.
Lint Group gave the donation to the fundraising campaign of Dr Mohan Bhat, a psychiatrist and the Associate Medical Director at North East London NHS Foundation Trust.
With the help of his Youtube cover series of classic Bollywood music, Dr Bhat is raising money for the Health Way Foundation, an NHS charity on a mission to improve the well-being of patients, carers, staff and members of the community.
Throughout his career Dr Bhat has been committed to promoting mental health awareness, especially among members of the south Asian community, where it can still be considered a taboo subject.
The £1,000 donation helped Dr Bhat reach his target of £5,000.
You may also want to watch:
Lint’s managing director Sam Chand said the campaign was a great one to support as it was helping the community and working towards the common good.
He added: “It is refreshing to see individuals like Dr Bhat involved in ensuring that people’s mental health struggles are addressed during these times of uncertainty.”
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 5 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 6 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour