Ilford firm helps doctor’s mental health awareness campaign reach fundraising target
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford property group has contributed £1,000 to a mental health awareness campaign to support the well-being of NHS staff who are putting their own lives at risk to serve the public during the pandemic.
Lint Group gave the donation to the fundraising campaign of Dr Mohan Bhat, a psychiatrist and the Associate Medical Director at North East London NHS Foundation Trust.
With the help of his Youtube cover series of classic Bollywood music, Dr Bhat is raising money for the Health Way Foundation, an NHS charity on a mission to improve the well-being of patients, carers, staff and members of the community.
Throughout his career Dr Bhat has been committed to promoting mental health awareness, especially among members of the south Asian community, where it can still be considered a taboo subject.
The £1,000 donation helped Dr Bhat reach his target of £5,000.
You may also want to watch:
Lint’s managing director Sam Chand said the campaign was a great one to support as it was helping the community and working towards the common good.
He added: “It is refreshing to see individuals like Dr Bhat involved in ensuring that people’s mental health struggles are addressed during these times of uncertainty.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford