Firefighters called after Ilford school’s swimming pool emits fumes
Five fire engines were called to a school in Ilford this morning following an incident involving chemicals in the swimming pool emitting fumes.
The crews were called at about 9.30am to Ilford County High School in Fremantle Road.
There were also two special fire unit vehicles and a larger fire vehicle used to hold meetings in.
Police were reportedly at the scene.
Ilford two fire engines have now left the scene, but it is not clear if other crews remain there.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened at the school this morning? Contact the newsdesk on 020 8478 4444 or tweet us @ilfordrecorder.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London