Firefighters break into Hainault garage to deal with fire
Firefighters are treating a “quite severe” fire in a Hainault garage last night as accidental.
Fire crews were called to the blaze in the garage at the rear of a home in Saltash Road at around midnight.
It was locked so firefighters had to break in before they brought the fire under control.
They remained on the scene for two-and-a-half hours.
A firefighter from Hainault fire station, who did not want to be named, said the garage was “badly damaged” and a neighbouring garage was smoke damaged.
You may also want to watch:
No-one had to be evacuated from the home.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan