Firefighters break into Hainault garage to deal with fire
Firefighters are treating a “quite severe” fire in a Hainault garage last night as accidental.
Fire crews were called to the blaze in the garage at the rear of a home in Saltash Road at around midnight.
It was locked so firefighters had to break in before they brought the fire under control.
They remained on the scene for two-and-a-half hours.
A firefighter from Hainault fire station, who did not want to be named, said the garage was “badly damaged” and a neighbouring garage was smoke damaged.
You may also want to watch:
No-one had to be evacuated from the home.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones