Fire engulfs Ilford shop as 15 have ‘lucky escape’
Fifteen people escaped with their lives after fire engulfed a shop in Ilford Lane.
The blaze broke out in B.B. Fatima Cash & Carry at 4.20am on Saturday.
All 15 people in the flats above the shop were able to escape before fire crews arrived on the scene.
The fire took an hour to bring under control and around 20 firefighters were in attendance.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said around half of the ground floor of the shop was damaged by fire, adding the people living in the flats above had a “lucky escape”.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the blaze is being investigated.
• Did you witness the fire? Do you have pictures from the scene? Call 020 8477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath