Fire engulfs Ilford shop as 15 have ‘lucky escape’
Fifteen people escaped with their lives after fire engulfed a shop in Ilford Lane.
The blaze broke out in B.B. Fatima Cash & Carry at 4.20am on Saturday.
All 15 people in the flats above the shop were able to escape before fire crews arrived on the scene.
The fire took an hour to bring under control and around 20 firefighters were in attendance.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said around half of the ground floor of the shop was damaged by fire, adding the people living in the flats above had a “lucky escape”.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the blaze is being investigated.
• Did you witness the fire? Do you have pictures from the scene? Call 020 8477 3821 or email email@example.com.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead