Fire burns out Ilford bedsit
An Ilford flat was burnt out by a fire this afternoon.
Firefighters from Ilford, East Ham and Barking were called to the bedsit in Paget Road at around 3.15pm.
Watch manager Darren Horrigan, from Ilford fire station, said the fire was put out “quite quickly” but it was too late to stop the damage.
Mr Horrigan added: “We stopped it spreading but about half of the top floor is damaged.
“The flat didn’t have any smoke alarms and I’d like to remind people that they are free from fire stations.”
You may also want to watch:
The occupant, known as “Daniel”, was not in the flat at the time and neighbours believe he may not know about the fire.
The cause of the fire is being investigated. No one was injured.
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 9 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog