Fire burns out Ilford bedsit
An Ilford flat was burnt out by a fire this afternoon.
Firefighters from Ilford, East Ham and Barking were called to the bedsit in Paget Road at around 3.15pm.
Watch manager Darren Horrigan, from Ilford fire station, said the fire was put out “quite quickly” but it was too late to stop the damage.
Mr Horrigan added: “We stopped it spreading but about half of the top floor is damaged.
“The flat didn’t have any smoke alarms and I’d like to remind people that they are free from fire stations.”
You may also want to watch:
The occupant, known as “Daniel”, was not in the flat at the time and neighbours believe he may not know about the fire.
The cause of the fire is being investigated. No one was injured.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer