Pregnant woman rescued from Barkingside High Street flat fire
- Credit: Archant
A pregnant woman has been rescued from a blaze in Barkingside High Street.
Firefighters were called to the second floor of a block of flats, near the junction with Hobart Road, at about 10.30am. Four engines were sent, a spokesman for the London Fire Brigade (LFB) said.
LFB tweeted: “A pregnant woman from a flat at #Barkingside High Street was rescued and treated at the scene. Do you #knowtheplan if fire strikes?”
Later, the brigade posted: “Fire is now under control at #Barkingside. Sometimes escape plans are different if you live in a block of flats.”
Medics also attended, with the London Ambulance Service (LAS) taking one patient to Whipps Cross Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman could provide no details on the nature of their injuries.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine