Search

Fire at Lions Den Gym in Chadwell Heath after clothes left on heater

PUBLISHED: 09:30 17 May 2013 | UPDATED: 09:31 17 May 2013

A Chadwell Heath sauna got a little too hot for comfort this morning when clothes hung to dry over a heating stove caught on fire.

Firefighters were called at 7.35am put out the blaze at Lions Den Gym, in High Road, before it got out of control but said it was “lucky” there were no injuries.

Watch manager Martin Knight said: “It was a small fire but it had a lot of potential.

“No one was injured, it was more smoke damage than anything.

“Sauna heaters are not to be used as clothes horses.”

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ilford Recorder

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists