Fire at Lions Den Gym in Chadwell Heath after clothes left on heater

A Chadwell Heath sauna got a little too hot for comfort this morning when clothes hung to dry over a heating stove caught on fire.

Firefighters were called at 7.35am put out the blaze at Lions Den Gym, in High Road, before it got out of control but said it was “lucky” there were no injuries.

Watch manager Martin Knight said: “It was a small fire but it had a lot of potential.

“No one was injured, it was more smoke damage than anything.

“Sauna heaters are not to be used as clothes horses.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus