Fire at Ilford JD Sports damages neighbouring shop
A fire at JD Sports in Ilford which broke out in the early hours of this morning damaged a neighbouring clothes shop.
Three fire engines were called to the shops on High Road, Ilford, at 1.57am, where the blaze had spread to Evans.
A firefighter who attended the scene said: “There was enough damage, and most of it was caused by smoke.
“It is being treated as suspicious.”
The shops are currently boarded up while investigations take place.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Police confirmed they have made no arrests, enquiries are on going.
Did you see anything? Call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3826.
- 1 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder