Fire at Ilford JD Sports damages neighbouring shop
A fire at JD Sports in Ilford which broke out in the early hours of this morning damaged a neighbouring clothes shop.
Three fire engines were called to the shops on High Road, Ilford, at 1.57am, where the blaze had spread to Evans.
A firefighter who attended the scene said: “There was enough damage, and most of it was caused by smoke.
“It is being treated as suspicious.”
The shops are currently boarded up while investigations take place.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Police confirmed they have made no arrests, enquiries are on going.
Did you see anything? Call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3826.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 10 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals