Fire at Ilford JD Sports damages neighbouring shop
A fire at JD Sports in Ilford which broke out in the early hours of this morning damaged a neighbouring clothes shop.
Three fire engines were called to the shops on High Road, Ilford, at 1.57am, where the blaze had spread to Evans.
A firefighter who attended the scene said: “There was enough damage, and most of it was caused by smoke.
“It is being treated as suspicious.”
The shops are currently boarded up while investigations take place.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Police confirmed they have made no arrests, enquiries are on going.
Did you see anything? Call the newsdesk on 0208 477 3826.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 5 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 8 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 9 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation