Fire at flat in Redbridge Lane East is brought under control
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have brough a flat fire in Redbridge Lane East under control..
The fire was in a loft conversion, which was partly damaged, in the flat above a shop.
Four fire engines attended the scene after being called at 2pm.
An ambulance was on standby but was not needed and no one was inside because of building work.
The fire was brought under control at 3.19pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is now under investigation, but is believed to have been caused by a plumber installing a central heating system, according to Ilford crew manager Tom Hodges.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts