Search

Rats chewing on cables cause fire above Goodmayes shop

PUBLISHED: 16:00 24 February 2020

Picture: London Fire Brigade

Picture: London Fire Brigade

Archant

Rats chewing on electrical cables caused a fire above a shop in Goodmayes, the London Fire Brigade (LFB) has revealed.

Firefighters were called to a blaze at a shop with offices above in Goodmayes Road at 7.50pm on Friday.

You may also want to watch:

Four fire engines attended the scene and crews had put the fire under control shortly after 9.30pm.

An LFB spokesman said part of a loft space between the shop and offices was damaged by the fire and confirmed there were no reported injuries.

The spokesman added: "The fire is believed to have been caused by rats chewing on electrical cables."


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ilford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ilford Recorder