Finishing practice paying off for Orient star Odubajo
- Credit: Archant
Moses Odubajo made it seven goals this season with his strike at Shrewsbury – and the Orient winger feels extra finishing training is paying dividends.
The 20-year-old scored just three times in 54 games last season, but showed excellent composure to round Shrewsbury keeper Chris Weale and slide the ball in from a tight angle.
Odubajo’s form has been excellent this season, despite sometimes being forced to play out of position at right back due to injuries, and he attributes this to manager Russell Slade and his coaching staff.
He said: “The boss told me to work on my finishing and it’s paying off.
“I gambled off Jamar’s touch. He’s a good player to work with, very quick feet.
You may also want to watch:
“Russell Slade plays a big part with the little things in training. All the coaching staff work on different parts of my game, as with the all the players, and you can see that with the results we’ve been getting this season.”
Orient return to home action against Carlisle on Saturday after four away games in succession and the travelling is starting to take its toll on the players.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 6 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
They will be delighted to be back in action in front of their home fans, according to Odubajo.
“The travelling is tough. The pitch wasn’t as bad as it was against Yeovil, but the lads started to get tired towards the end,” he added.
“We haven’t been at home for a while, which will be nice and I’d like to give a shout out to our away fans.
“Now we need to recover, train and go again on Saturday.”