Finishing practice paying off for Orient star Odubajo
- Credit: Archant
Moses Odubajo made it seven goals this season with his strike at Shrewsbury – and the Orient winger feels extra finishing training is paying dividends.
The 20-year-old scored just three times in 54 games last season, but showed excellent composure to round Shrewsbury keeper Chris Weale and slide the ball in from a tight angle.
Odubajo’s form has been excellent this season, despite sometimes being forced to play out of position at right back due to injuries, and he attributes this to manager Russell Slade and his coaching staff.
He said: “The boss told me to work on my finishing and it’s paying off.
“I gambled off Jamar’s touch. He’s a good player to work with, very quick feet.
You may also want to watch:
“Russell Slade plays a big part with the little things in training. All the coaching staff work on different parts of my game, as with the all the players, and you can see that with the results we’ve been getting this season.”
Orient return to home action against Carlisle on Saturday after four away games in succession and the travelling is starting to take its toll on the players.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
They will be delighted to be back in action in front of their home fans, according to Odubajo.
“The travelling is tough. The pitch wasn’t as bad as it was against Yeovil, but the lads started to get tired towards the end,” he added.
“We haven’t been at home for a while, which will be nice and I’d like to give a shout out to our away fans.
“Now we need to recover, train and go again on Saturday.”