Fifth person charged with murder of Luke Harwood in Woodford Green
A sixth person has been charged in connection with the death of teenager Luke Harwood, whose body was found in Woodford Green on Monday.
Jovan Roberts, 27, of Crow Lane, Romford was due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
He was arrested on Thursday and charged with murder the following day.
Eighteen-year-old Luke was declared dead at around 10.30pm on Monday after his body was found just off Chigwell Road close to Broadmead Playing Fields.
He died as a result of severe head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Four others appeared at Barkingside Magsistrates’ Court on Thursday charged with murder and two counts of perverting the court of justice.
They are: James Danby, 26 of no fixed abode and Tony O’Toole, 29, Emma Hall, 20 and Khalid Hassan 19, all of Crow Lane, Romford.
- 1 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 2 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 6 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
All were refused bail and their case will be heard at the Old Bailey on June 6.
A fifth man, Billy Duggan, 20, also of Crow Lane, Romford, was charged with two counts of perverting the course of justice. He was refused bail and his case will be heard at the Old Bailey on September 6.