Fifth person charged with murder of Luke Harwood in Woodford Green
A sixth person has been charged in connection with the death of teenager Luke Harwood, whose body was found in Woodford Green on Monday.
Jovan Roberts, 27, of Crow Lane, Romford was due to appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
He was arrested on Thursday and charged with murder the following day.
Eighteen-year-old Luke was declared dead at around 10.30pm on Monday after his body was found just off Chigwell Road close to Broadmead Playing Fields.
He died as a result of severe head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Four others appeared at Barkingside Magsistrates’ Court on Thursday charged with murder and two counts of perverting the court of justice.
They are: James Danby, 26 of no fixed abode and Tony O’Toole, 29, Emma Hall, 20 and Khalid Hassan 19, all of Crow Lane, Romford.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
All were refused bail and their case will be heard at the Old Bailey on June 6.
A fifth man, Billy Duggan, 20, also of Crow Lane, Romford, was charged with two counts of perverting the course of justice. He was refused bail and his case will be heard at the Old Bailey on September 6.