Fenn: It’s like starting again
Barkingside set for a timely return to action.
BARKINGSIDE will be hoping to get their season up and running again with an Essex Senior League game on Sunday against Mauritius Sports, with boss Tony Fenn feeling it has an atmosphere of pre-season.
The Oakside outfit have been without a fixture throughout the month of December due to the bad spell of weather.
But the ’Side boss admits there is little anyone can do and is just hoping to get back into action.
“If it had just been us that had been off then I could understand being frustrated, but the whole country has been affected,” said Fenn.
“It has been four or five weeks now since we last played, so it’ll be almost like starting the season all over again. We will have to play two or three times a week, and it will make the league a complete lottery, which is disappointing.
“Whether we play on Sunday I am not sure, as the pitch is in quite a bad state and is now flooded after the thaw we have had over the last 24 to 48 hours.”
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 9 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 10 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
With the prospect of plenty of games in the coming weeks, Fenn has added Brad Adams to his squad from Billericay’s reserve side.
Including Sunday, ’Side could have three games in five days as they are set to host Takeley on Tuesday and Stansted on Thursday, both in the league and if all the fixtures are fulfilled ’Side could have eight games in the month, seven at home!