Fenn: It’s like starting again
Barkingside set for a timely return to action.
BARKINGSIDE will be hoping to get their season up and running again with an Essex Senior League game on Sunday against Mauritius Sports, with boss Tony Fenn feeling it has an atmosphere of pre-season.
The Oakside outfit have been without a fixture throughout the month of December due to the bad spell of weather.
But the ’Side boss admits there is little anyone can do and is just hoping to get back into action.
“If it had just been us that had been off then I could understand being frustrated, but the whole country has been affected,” said Fenn.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been four or five weeks now since we last played, so it’ll be almost like starting the season all over again. We will have to play two or three times a week, and it will make the league a complete lottery, which is disappointing.
“Whether we play on Sunday I am not sure, as the pitch is in quite a bad state and is now flooded after the thaw we have had over the last 24 to 48 hours.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
With the prospect of plenty of games in the coming weeks, Fenn has added Brad Adams to his squad from Billericay’s reserve side.
Including Sunday, ’Side could have three games in five days as they are set to host Takeley on Tuesday and Stansted on Thursday, both in the league and if all the fixtures are fulfilled ’Side could have eight games in the month, seven at home!