Felicity Banks named as Mayor of Redbridge for 2013-14
Cllr Felicity Banks, of Roding ward, will be the next Mayor of Redbridge.
The Liberal Democrat councillor will take over from the current Mayor, Cllr Muhammed Javed, in May.
Cllr Banks, a former deputy mayor who has been a Roding councillor since 1998, will be inaugurated at a full council meeting.
She said: “I was delighted, honoured, all the words you can imagine.
“I will get to see even more people who do such a lot for the borough.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Banks is planning to meet council officers to discuss Redbridge charities which she could fundraise for during her mayoral year.
Cllr Javed said: “I’m delighted for her.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 7 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 8 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 9 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
“She’s a very nice lady and she will make an excellent Mayor.”