Fatal stabbing of 17-year-old boy causes traffic delays on A406 from South Woodford
There are still traffic jams for miles on the westbound carriageway of the A406 from South Woodford after a teenager was stabbed to death.
Part of Bowes Road in Palmers Green was cordoned off overnight as police investigated the death of a 17-year-old boy.
Officers were called to an address at around 12.45am and he was pronounced dead at the scene just after 1.25am.
One lane of the A406 has stayed shut this morning and traffic is queued back to the Waterworks Corner.
Congestion has also built up on parts of the M11 from Charlie Brown’s Roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone travelling westbound on the A406 is advised to find an alternative route.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts