Fatal stabbing of 17-year-old boy causes traffic delays on A406 from South Woodford
There are still traffic jams for miles on the westbound carriageway of the A406 from South Woodford after a teenager was stabbed to death.
Part of Bowes Road in Palmers Green was cordoned off overnight as police investigated the death of a 17-year-old boy.
Officers were called to an address at around 12.45am and he was pronounced dead at the scene just after 1.25am.
One lane of the A406 has stayed shut this morning and traffic is queued back to the Waterworks Corner.
Congestion has also built up on parts of the M11 from Charlie Brown’s Roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone travelling westbound on the A406 is advised to find an alternative route.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns