Fashion store set to open in revamped Ilford shopping centre
A �10million revamp of Ilford’s shopping centre is nearing completion as a major fashion retailer prepares to open its doors.
Exchange Ilford in High Road has been rebranded and now boasts new feature lighting, seating and internal signs following a five-month refurbishment.
Entrances have been given an updated look and new large format signs are to be installed in Cranbrook Road and High Road which will highlight retailers in the area.
General manager Marc Myers said: “Everything is on target and all work is largely finished.
“There is no need to go to any other shopping destinations. You can do it all here in Ilford.”
You may also want to watch:
The centre’s new flagship store, Next, is set to open on Thursday (December 8) in a 20,000 sq ft premises over two levels which Mr Myers said will offer customers a wide range of mens, ladies and children’s wear as well as home merchandise.
One of the most eye-catching features for the Christmas period is the mince pie manufactory on level one, which will be housed in the new events zone.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
Shoppers will have the opportunity to make their own mince pies from a range of ingredients including traditional mince meat, peanut butter, marshmallow and even insects.
“You don’t have to be on I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here to try some edible ants,” Mr Myers said.
“The manufactory will be popular with all ages and will help give us a festive feel.”
Mr Myers added the events zone would provide an opportunity to put on a variety of entertainment in the future.
On level two people will find the world’s most expensive mince pie on display, estimated to be worth �3,000, which they will have a chance to win by entering prize draw.
From December 5 to 23 Exchange Ilford will be open until 8pm.