Family tragedy inspires Seven Kings club to raise thousands for London Chest Hospital
- Credit: Archant
The London Chest Hospital has a new ECG machine to diagnose heart conditions thanks to the Lions Club of Seven Kings.
Member Satish Shah’s uncle sadly died at the hospital but he wanted to thank staff for the fantastic care he received.
Mr Shah’s family raised £2,500 towards the machine and his employers added £883.
The Lions’ annual charity walk, fun day and other events brought the total up to an incredible £4,000.
President Sanjay Rughani said: “We felt compelled to assist with the cause, as the effect these machines have on the community and individuals at large is incredible.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shah visited the hospital, in Bethnal Green, last month with fellow Lions to present the cheque to the Barts Charity, which helps fund healthcare at the trust’s hospitals and medical research.
They had a tour of the heart attack centre with senior sister Samantha Cliffe, who thanked the Lions for their donation.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
She added: “The ECG machine is an important and valuable tool, which helps us to form part of a diagnosis and subsequently treat patients who are having heart attacks.”
During the tour, society member Harish Chauhan was also reunited with nurse Byron Guthrie, who looked after him following an angioplasty.
The Lions Club of Seven Kings fundraises for community projects and donates to charities around the world.
For information, visit www.lionssevenkings.com.