Family evacuated following electrical fire
A FATHER rushed his three-year-old daughter and wife out of his property this morning after a fire.
Tahmineh Masoumi, of Colinton Road woke up at 8am and noticed smoke coming from the guest bedroom in which a friend had stayed the night.
The 33-year-old said: “I opened the door and the room was filled with thick black smoke.
“I walked in closing my eyes to made sure no one was in there and fortunately my friend was in the shower.
“I got everyone out of the house and called the fire brigade.
“There was no time to think as it all happened so quickly.”
A crew from Ilford Fire Station attended the scene at 8.10am before an investigation officer checked out the cause.
- 1 Arrest made after man falls from height during forced entry incident
- 2 Judicial review could 'stop GP surgery privatisation'
- 3 Keith Prince to keep fighting as plans to develop former Homebase inch closer
- 4 Updated number of unvaccinated King George and Queen's hospital staff revealed as deadline looms
- 5 Man attacked with machete before falling from height in Wanstead
- 6 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 7 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 10 Woodford Green teen to play at orchestral concert
He said: “I look for signs of failure and put them together with the aim of stopping another fire happening.
“In this case there was an electrical fault with a socket.”