Family evacuated following electrical fire
A FATHER rushed his three-year-old daughter and wife out of his property this morning after a fire.
Tahmineh Masoumi, of Colinton Road woke up at 8am and noticed smoke coming from the guest bedroom in which a friend had stayed the night.
The 33-year-old said: “I opened the door and the room was filled with thick black smoke.
“I walked in closing my eyes to made sure no one was in there and fortunately my friend was in the shower.
“I got everyone out of the house and called the fire brigade.
You may also want to watch:
“There was no time to think as it all happened so quickly.”
A crew from Ilford Fire Station attended the scene at 8.10am before an investigation officer checked out the cause.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 8 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
He said: “I look for signs of failure and put them together with the aim of stopping another fire happening.
“In this case there was an electrical fault with a socket.”