Family evacuated following electrical fire
A FATHER rushed his three-year-old daughter and wife out of his property this morning after a fire.
Tahmineh Masoumi, of Colinton Road woke up at 8am and noticed smoke coming from the guest bedroom in which a friend had stayed the night.
The 33-year-old said: “I opened the door and the room was filled with thick black smoke.
“I walked in closing my eyes to made sure no one was in there and fortunately my friend was in the shower.
“I got everyone out of the house and called the fire brigade.
You may also want to watch:
“There was no time to think as it all happened so quickly.”
A crew from Ilford Fire Station attended the scene at 8.10am before an investigation officer checked out the cause.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
He said: “I look for signs of failure and put them together with the aim of stopping another fire happening.
“In this case there was an electrical fault with a socket.”