Families enjoy watching Shrek in the sunshine on first day of Hainault Forest film festival
- Credit: Archant
Film buffs enjoyed sunshine and cinema at the first day of the Hainault Forest film festival yesterday.
The event, which is also running today and tomorrow, saw families dig into picnics while watching favourites Shrek and Madagascar.
And in the evening, Tom Cruise fans were treated to a showing of Top Gun.
Today, the festival – which has returned for the second year running – will show the Lion King and the Jungle Book during the day, with musical Grease gracing the screen tonight.
The festival will finish tomorrow with an evening showing of Back to the Future.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open for the daytime showing at 12.30pm, and evening showings at 6.30pm.
Tickets cost between £1 and £3 and are available from woodlandtrust.org.uk/events or on the door.
- 1 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 2 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 4 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 5 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 6 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack