Fairlop Lions Club wins six trophies for its charity work in Redbridge
A Fairlop community group has been awarded for its work in Redbridge.
The Fairlop Lions Club, which raises funds for charities and local causes, took six trophies from an award ceremony for regional groups.
The group swept the board at the Lions 105A convention in Oxford earlier this month, winning the Club of the Year award for the second year in a row.
Recent projects have included planting trees and hedges at the Ilford War Memorial, in Newbury Par; Goodmayes Park, Goodmayes, and Ray Park, in Woodford Green.
Members also collected sunglasses and hearing aids to send abroad and printer cartridges to raise money for a children’s hospice.
You may also want to watch:
The club ran the UN/Lions Peace Poster competition, where Anyastasia Pecko’s poster was chosen as the London and home counties regional winner.
They have also run projects to fund eye operations in the Punjab and diabetes screenings across Redbridge.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved
For information on joining a Lions Club in Redbridge, call 0845 833 5817.