Fairlop Fair returning to Redbridge with fun for all the family
- Credit: Archant
An action-packed attraction full of fun for all the family is returning to the borough on Saturday.
Fairlop Waters Country Park is set to stage the third annual Fairlop Fair, which is inspired by a historical fair which took place at the site for 150 years.
More than 5,000 residents turned out to 2013’s event and it is hoped even more will join in with this year’s festivities.
The park will be divided into different zones containing activities for adults and children alike.
One of the highlights will be the Fairlop Arena, which will feature performances from the Woodford Choir, the Roding Primary School Choir, the Valentines Singers and the Chingford Morris Men, who will also be running a workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Bicycle Ballet will be running a session called “Strictly Cycling,” which will include a combination of cycling and movement, and visitors are encouraged to bring along their best Alice in Wonderland costumes to the Redbridge Cafe for a series of Mad Hatter tea parties.
Over at the “Pooch Tent,” Catwalk Pets will be hosting a dogs’ fashion show, which will display the latest pet accessories.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
There will also be a pop-up shop and Doggy’s Delights will be manning a mobile grooming salon.
An array of activities will be available at the fair’s Village Green, including psychic readings, fairground rides, a football area manned by Redbridge Football Club players and entertainment from Redbridge Music Lounge.
Other zones will include the Story Boat for children, the Tour de France-themed Cycle Wheel, the Silver Wheels Roller Disco, Back to Nature and the Arts and Crafts Marquee.
The fair will run from 11am to 6pm at the site in Forest Road, Barkingside, which is run by Vision Redbridge Culture and Leisure.
For more information on the schedule and events for which places need to be booked, visit the Redbridge Council website.