Exposed electrical wires in Hainault Recreation Ground ‘not live’
Dog walkers in Hainault Recreation Ground feared for their pets’ lives on Monday when they found exposed power cables.
A 400 volt electricity box was reportedly near the caravan site with wires hanging loose.
Veterinary nurse Daryl Schneider, 21, stopped her husky from chewing the wires.
Believing the box was live, she said: “I’ve been here a couple of times and I thought it would be nice to take my dog here and now I’ve ended up with this.
“There could have been a horrible accident.”
You may also want to watch:
She said other dog walkers gathered to inspect the box before moving away for safety.
A council spokesman said: “The electricity box described is located in Forest Road playing fields and is a remnant for changing facilities which were previously on this site.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 10 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
“Our electrical engineer has confirmed this is safe and the wires are not live, this will be cut down to ground level in due course.”