EXCLUSIVE PICTURE: Woman’s dramatic escape from Gants Hill flat fire
This is the dramatic moment a young woman escaped a fire raging in her Gants Hill flat.
Moments after this photo was taken, she jumped for her life from the ledge.
Bystanders held a dust sheet out to break her fall as the fire raged behind in the flat in Woodford Avenue, Gants Hill, at about 10.15pm yesterday.
Miraculously the woman was not seriously hurt and was not taken to hospital.
Moments earlier, two other occupants jumped from the window, hitting their faces on the pavement according to eyewitnesses.
You may also want to watch:
They are both being treated in hospital.
Did you see the fire? Or do you have images or video of the blaze?
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 8 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
Contact the newsdesk on 020 8477 3821.