Video: Ex-Lib Dem leader Charles Kennedy visits Winston Way Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Charles Kennedy, the former Liberal Democrat leader, visited a school last week to explain the vagaries of politics ahead of this summer’s General Election.
Pupils at Winston Way Primary School, in Green Lane, Ilford, questioned the MP on Wednesday afternoon.
Kennedy, the MP for Ross, Skye and Lochaber, said he thoroughly enjoyed answering questions on his role.
“I have for some time been looking forward to visiting Winston Way Primary School and I am very grateful for the invitation to do so.
“Indeed, the pupils must have done their homework as the quality of questioning far outstretched what we often see in the House of Commons itself.”
You may also want to watch:
He also added: “Engaging young people in politics is so important.
“To take an interest at a young age means there is a far better chance of taking an interest come the time young people can vote. That can only be a good thing.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 8 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
“That is why I am currently touring schools across my Ross, Skye and Lochaber constituency and that is why I was, as I say, delighted to visit Winston Way Primary School.”