Video: Ex-Lib Dem leader Charles Kennedy visits Winston Way Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Charles Kennedy, the former Liberal Democrat leader, visited a school last week to explain the vagaries of politics ahead of this summer’s General Election.
Pupils at Winston Way Primary School, in Green Lane, Ilford, questioned the MP on Wednesday afternoon.
Kennedy, the MP for Ross, Skye and Lochaber, said he thoroughly enjoyed answering questions on his role.
“I have for some time been looking forward to visiting Winston Way Primary School and I am very grateful for the invitation to do so.
“Indeed, the pupils must have done their homework as the quality of questioning far outstretched what we often see in the House of Commons itself.”
You may also want to watch:
He also added: “Engaging young people in politics is so important.
“To take an interest at a young age means there is a far better chance of taking an interest come the time young people can vote. That can only be a good thing.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 5 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 8 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 9 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k
- 10 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
“That is why I am currently touring schools across my Ross, Skye and Lochaber constituency and that is why I was, as I say, delighted to visit Winston Way Primary School.”