Enter if you dare! Goodmayes Veterinary centre opens up to the public
An enter if you dare room filled with an eight foot python, huge iguana and scorpions attracted those brave of heart when a veterinary practice flung open its doors.
The staff at the Animal Ark Veterinary Centre were also put in the docks and had wet sponges thrown at them and raised �2,000 for charity in the process.
Nathan Basha, practice manager, said: “It was fantastic, people came down for the day and there was a real feel good atmosphere.”
The centre, in Goodmayes Avenue, Goodmayes held the open day in celebration of their 10th anniversary on Sunday.
Mr Basha said: “Ten bikes from the British Motorbike Federation came down and brought pet food which they donated. It’s something they do every year.”
You may also want to watch:
There were also food stands and charities set up stalls to help raise money. An animal trainer also showed people how to keep control of their pets.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say