Enjoy music, comedy, cinema, food and photography at Wanstead’s own Fringe festival
Wanstead culture is set to flourish over the next week with the launch of its inaugural Fringe festival.
The Wanstead Fringe, which starts on Saturday, will see a range of cultural activities hosted by residents in the borough who, in their own words, “got together to do something”.
The seven-day event will coincide with the annual Wanstead Festival, held on September 15 in Christchurch Green, which will also feature events in Snaresbrook and Aldersbrook.
Activities will include music, comedy, cinema, food and photography.
Geoff Wilkinson, a photographer based at his gallery eightyfour, in Nightingale Lane, will be hosting a series of photo walks, showcasing the sites where he snaps pictures for his blog, Wanstead Daily Photo.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’ve been so lucky to do this all my life, and I want to share it with other people.
“We’re really lucky living in Wanstead. We’ve got some really lovely buildings, such as the churches and the Nightingale Pub.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
The programme of events, and details of how to book tickets, can be found at fringe.wansteadium.com.