How many England footballers has your borough produced since 1966?
- Credit: PA
The number of England national team footballers produced by each London borough has been revealed, ahead of Euro 2020 kicking off next week.
A new study looked at the birthplace of each player selected to represent the Three Lions at a European Championship or World Cup since 1966.
Eight players hailing from Havering have been called up, seven from Tower Hamlets and four from Westminster, the research found.
Three players from Redbridge have pulled on the England shirt at international tournaments, along with two each from the boroughs of Hackney and Brent, according to the study by online betting review site Bookmakers.tv.
Another 54 players came from other London boroughs.
You may also want to watch:
England’s squad for Euro 2020 this summer includes Chelsea right-back Reece James, who was born in Ilford.
His England teammate and Manchester City attacker Raheem Sterling, born in Kingston, Jamaica, grew up in Brent.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 4 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 9 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown