Embassy of Faith church holds jumble sale with Feed The Hungry project looming
- Credit: Archant
Churchgoers will use a jumble sale this weekend to kick-start a food donation project this winter.
The Redeemed Christian Church of God Embassy of Faith, based in Cranbrook Road, Ilford, is asking its congregation to get spending at this Saturday’s jumble sale to help fund its Feed The Hungry project in November.
Jumoke Oladoja, a church member, said the jumble sale was used to not only raise funds to buy food but also to connect with the community.
She said: “I believe the church should be relevant to the community that it works with.
“There are a lot of people that have problems and unless you deal with their problems you cannot make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Oladoja added “quality products” will be sold for as little as £1.
“We are practically giving items away,” she said.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
Once the church has purchased the food it will be donated to other projects like Salvation Army in Clements Road, Ilford.
The Jumble Sale runs from 7am to 4pm at 34 Cranbrook Road, Ilford. Please call Jumoke Oladoja on 07747620564 for more information.