“Embarrassed” Hainault mum loses seven stone after joining Slimming World
A Hainault mother-of-two who has lost nearly seven stone says she just wants to inspire others to do the same.
Hayley Riglin, 24, of Covert Road, joined Slimming World on the advice of her mother after feeling “embarrassed”, weighing 16st 10.5lbs.
During both her pregnancies Mrs Riglin, whose dress size was between 22-24, faced complications due to her weight.
She said: “I felt restless and depressed. I had low self-esteem, low confidence and I felt as if nothing was going for me – I felt embarrassed.
“I had been overweight since I was 15.”
You may also want to watch:
The customer services worker gave birth to her first son Adam, now five, after 29 weeks in 2008.
And when she was expecting her second child in 2011, Mrs Riglin was diagnosed with “pregnancy diabetes”, which also resulted in early labour.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 4 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 5 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 6 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 7 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
She added: “I joined Slimming World when I was 16st 10.5lbs when I first got on the scales at slimming world - now I am 9st 12lbs. Now I really want to inspire other people.”
“One night I was crying and my mum mentioned Slimming World because she had lost 2lbs there.
“I thought if my mum can do it I can do it as well and it definitely worked for me.”
Mrs Riglin decided to join Slimming World in February 2012.
She shot below her target weight of ten stone following a healthy eating plan, set out by the weight-loss group.
Her diet did not change dramatically but crucially it cut out saturated fats found in butter and oil. Her dress size is now a 10.
Mrs Riglin says she will stay with Slimming World for “the rest of her life”.
She added: “Before when I was with my friends I did not really fit in and my family would say that I needed to lose weight.
“Now I really want to inspire other people.”