“Embarrassed” Hainault mum loses seven stone after joining Slimming World
A Hainault mother-of-two who has lost nearly seven stone says she just wants to inspire others to do the same.
Hayley Riglin, 24, of Covert Road, joined Slimming World on the advice of her mother after feeling “embarrassed”, weighing 16st 10.5lbs.
During both her pregnancies Mrs Riglin, whose dress size was between 22-24, faced complications due to her weight.
She said: “I felt restless and depressed. I had low self-esteem, low confidence and I felt as if nothing was going for me – I felt embarrassed.
“I had been overweight since I was 15.”
You may also want to watch:
The customer services worker gave birth to her first son Adam, now five, after 29 weeks in 2008.
And when she was expecting her second child in 2011, Mrs Riglin was diagnosed with “pregnancy diabetes”, which also resulted in early labour.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
She added: “I joined Slimming World when I was 16st 10.5lbs when I first got on the scales at slimming world - now I am 9st 12lbs. Now I really want to inspire other people.”
“One night I was crying and my mum mentioned Slimming World because she had lost 2lbs there.
“I thought if my mum can do it I can do it as well and it definitely worked for me.”
Mrs Riglin decided to join Slimming World in February 2012.
She shot below her target weight of ten stone following a healthy eating plan, set out by the weight-loss group.
Her diet did not change dramatically but crucially it cut out saturated fats found in butter and oil. Her dress size is now a 10.
Mrs Riglin says she will stay with Slimming World for “the rest of her life”.
She added: “Before when I was with my friends I did not really fit in and my family would say that I needed to lose weight.
“Now I really want to inspire other people.”